The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 383 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/12/17
Great job with the imagery. I felt like i wanted to know more about the mc and what she was struggling with.
10/13/17
I liked the images that you had in your piece.

I really liked the ending of your story.

It sounded as if the chair was hugging the MC instead of the chair. I understood your sentence but if you rewrote it would add impact to your piece.
I liked the word pictures you painted in our minds. They will stay for some times since your emotion and fears were all so real.

This wasn't just a story of an early morning cut of coffee but an expression of times gone by while looking forward to a better day.

Keep developing your talent.
10/14/17
You've used some graphic word pictures here, which would have even greater impact with more para breaks to let each one (or each small cluster) to wrap themselves around our minds.
10/15/17
Wonderful! Wonderful piece of writing. You did a fantastic job of painting pictures in my mind. That is writing at its best.

I have only one complaint. I want more. I wanted more of those feeling to squeeze my heart. I wanted to know more about that rocking chair and the influence Grandma had on you.

Super story. God bless.
10/16/17
Loved it!
I so understand about those thunderstorms of our mind in the darkness! I find that if the sunrise doesn't chase them off it at least weakens them. I agree that I would love to read more!
10/19/17
Very creative, descriptive writing. I would like to have seen it expanded on -- maybe the similes incorporated into the descriptions: The pitter-patter of the first raindrops, like the quickening of my pulse; the brooding clouds like my sense of impending doom.
10/19/17
Congratulations on your 2nd place win in the Beginners category, Lisa.
10/20/17
Good work.