The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 358 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/28/16
You put a lot of thought into this. Two comments. Needs proofreading. And needs white space. Read some other entries to see what I mean. Keep up the good work.
07/29/16
Thank you for your entry! This would be a great Bible lesson for a study group or devotional. There were a few words, such as "got" and "infant" that I'm sure were misplaced. Needs punctuation corrections, and yes, some white space between paragraphs. A helpful tool I have used is www.grammark.org. It is a free, open source website where you can copy and paste your article to receive helpful comments and suggestions. Keep writing!
07/29/16
Enjoyable in its content and delivery. I liked the message.

Blessings~
Life is a race and we must prove our trust in Jesus by obeying his will that,might be called children of God.

You used several Bible verses to help us remain steadfastly working out our salvation with fear and trembling.

Nice thoughts, generally clearly expressed.
I liked your devotion. You make quite a few excellent points. I like how you started out with something general, which many people could relate to.

I'd urge you to go even further and maybe add a personal reference. For example: As an athlete who has participated in the 3,000 meter steeplechase race, I've learned that when confronted with hurdles, I have no choice but to jump over, crash into the metal contraptions, or simply quit, refusing to take another step. When I decide to jump over them, sometimes I end up safely on the other side, but sometimes I splash into the water and get all wet.
Life, much like that daunting race, is full of obstacles and choices.
In my example (It might not be a perfect fit, but I wanted to show you what I mean.) I personalized it to share a personal experience. Hopefully, I painted a picture for the reader. Also, I used a transition from the race to real life. Transitions are especially important in nonfiction articles.

I liked your message about keeping our eyes focused on the finish line. For me personally, that is something I definitely struggle with. I want to do things on my time table, yet over and over, I've found I'm much more successful when I pace myself according to God's plan. I liked the verses you chose and think you have a great foundation. I urge you to read and comment on other entries too. For me, that is one of the best things about FW--learning from others. Keep up the great work.