The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 740 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/30/14
WOW-WOW-WOW!

This was fantastic, riveting beyond words, and had me squirming in my chair! You are an excellent writer of "suspense" and I want to read more! I want to know what happened, if the MC gets back to Kayla, and who is her husband and what has he done!

More please!!!

Excellent work and writing here.

God bless~
10/31/14
Undeniably fantastic! Give me more! I want the novel!
What they said. :)
11/02/14
FANTASTIC lead into a riveting suspense!! I officially announce this as a master, not a "beginner" entry. Super, super job!! Wow...
Agreed! Did you write a book of this and just take out a chapter? If so, I want the book!
Wonderful suspense!
Wow, you definitely have a gift at creating suspense. Right off I could sense the danger and was eager to keep reading. It certainly isn't easy to write and perfect a thriller in under a week. You developed some intriguing characters for sure.

The ending was disappointing for me personally. I don't mind open-ended ones, but I needed to know why. I'd be okay in not knowing if they were safe or if she'd see her baby again, but felt a let down not knowing if my guesses about why they had to run were correct. Though it's tough to do in under 750 words, I think if you could remove some of the repetition and tighten the sentences up you might have been able to explain from what they were running. For Example: Rick threw me a bag and hissed,"Put the wig and glasses on."
Confused, I studied his face for an answer.
"The mob is after me and they'll kill you and Kayla to break me." Suddenly, everything went black. When I awoke, hours had passed. Turning in my seat, I muffled a scream. Kayla! Where's my baby?"
Rick shoved his hand against my mouth. "She's gone. If you want her to live, you'll forget her."

I took liberties to show you what I mean. Even the quick line about the mob and saving Kayla by forgetting about her, would satisfy me.

Again, I want to stress you nailed the genre. Your characters were fantastic. I could picture the tortured mother and see possible glints of evil in the husband. I want more, and I hope you will consider expanding on this. You could go in so many ways with it. The potential is amazing. Keep writing, and keep reading. God has plans for you. It takes work, but you have the ability to reach so many people with your thrilling words.
11/06/14
Wanda,

Congrats!

This, for me, was superb beyond words! I loved it, as I've said on my original comment...had me on the edge of my seat. Great beginnings for a novel!

Get to it and let me know when it's available!

God bless~