The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 374 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/17/14
Compelling sentiments expressed here. Try to leave a space between paragraphs for easier reading. Good job:)
I can feel the soul's anguish and then the release. Nice depiction. However, I was a little confused by some of the grammar.
This is a different style of writing but I could follow the thoughts and ideas.

You used picture words rather than "just saying it".

The Holy spirit does teach us about what is sin and what is right in God's eyes and he wants to lead us in God's way. It is up to us to follow the Spirit's leading.

Nice work.
07/21/14
Good and loving message. I look at the "message" in each entry and this one had an important one. The light of the Lord, Jesus...there isn't anything more important than that.

God bless~
Your notion of day on the inside and night on the out is quite powerful indeed. You were able to showcase what it can feel like when one retreats deep inside. This piece really made me think.

You have a great start, and with more practice, you will be a master wordsmith. I'd encourage you to expand a bit more so the reader experiences each word. For example, take your beginning and tweak it with something like this:

His heart ached;something had happened to make him feel the darkness--not the absence of light, though, but an intense sense of blackness. For him, darkness was the day with no hope, no way to escape the terror of his own soul. Day did not come at sunrise because he was a prisoner in the night of his own heart.
I really didn't change much, but I hope you can see the subtle difference.

I can totally relate to your meaning and it gives me goosebumps. You've expressed something that is difficult to understand, yet I believe more people experience it than we expect. Keep writing, you're touching hearts with your words.