The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 455 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/30/13
Very interesting this multi-layered piece. The light opening up and chasing away the darkness, the wings of refuge, the calm of the Spirit. And, eventually escaping the depths of darkness saved by the light of the world.

That's how I read it! Nicely done. I'm sure many people will have different takes, but the one constant is...people will talk about this piece. That's always a good thing!

God bless~
08/30/13
Suspense! Try to use spacing/paragraphs, it is helpful for your readers...
You have talent!

Wing His Words
08/31/13
I was nearly holding my breath several times. Your symbolism remained powerful throughout. I noticed some minor punctuation; however, my attention was drawn to your imagery. Maintaining your audiences attention is the primary focus of any piece. I loved how you left all interpretation to the reader, allowing us to glean what we "needed" from the story... comfort, illumination, hope, confronting fears, listening to the calm still voice of God in the midst of danger.
Nicely done.
08/31/13
Spell-binding suspense in your article. I, too, found myself holding my breath at times, so you had me hooked. My only comment to help you improve your obvious talent is to work on varying your words a bit. The words "move" and "movement" are used frequently, so you might want to use some alternate choices. You've done a great job with this piece. Keep writing!
Yes, we will have to come to our own conclusion, if we can.

It seemed you used a few words climber or caver would be familiar with.

The area of mystery is near by.
I loved how the details of the story unfolded, just like the mysterious wing. When it began, I didn't know if it was going to be a sci-fi or fantasy story or if your character had just stumbled on a big scary animal :) Very nice!