The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1163 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/10/11
Sweet, fun and true. It reminded me of the time I made an office birthday cake and everything went wrong. Defeated, I took it in. They still laugh and remember "the cake in the bowl". Praise God for the people in our lives who see what's really important. And yes, they ate the whole thing!
02/11/11
Chuckle, giggle, smile: I love it. I was right there with you, Mom. Engaging descriptions and funny - good job.
02/12/11
great i laughed at this one. We are fortunate that we can get shop bought ones like this and in the UK generally it is the "shopbought" ones that have the kudos..... still i do remember trying to make a Thomas the Tank engine cake for my 2 year old with her 5 year old sister as a "helper"
02/12/11
What a beautiful story. I had to laugh at your descriptions of the baking process.

I'm glad kids look at things through different eyes.

Very well written.
Oh what a debacle! You did an outstanding job setting the frenzied pace. I could picture the mess in the kitchen. You did a super job with the characters and the dialog, This was a job very were done!
Congratulations for ranking 15th in level one!
02/18/11
Thank you, I am stoked!
02/18/11
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!
Helen I loved it. Great writing moving through the reality of a baking challenge fueled by love. I was with you every step.
Good perspective for us all to hold dear.