The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1056 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/07/10
Oh, this was very nice! I liked how the piece began with high octane action. The mood was well set, and I could feel the tension, and the mens' agitation, and deep emotion. And then, toward the end, I found myself saying out loud, "the Dead Sea Scrolls!"

Two thumbs up!

05/07/10

Very well written.

You painted a distinct picture of both men.

The story kept my interest from beginning to end.
Godd job!
An interesting and intense story. I did enjoy reading it
05/07/10
Very well done--my favorite so far on this level!
What a story. I loved how you handled this weeks challenge. Outstanding. Keep writing and God bless.
Wonderful story, very well written. I would never have imagined this scene, but so easy to believe that this was how it happened. You simply made it seem like you were there and saw history happen, then told us about it.
05/11/10
Your story is gripping, filled with urgency. You've brought this to life for the reader. The "father/son" relationship in this is heart-warming.
What an interesting idea. This was a fun one to read.
Historical fiction is not easy to write, but you've done it very convincingly here. Loved the story and the way it's told and found the plot line very intriguing and most importantly, believable. Great job.
05/12/10
Your writing gift shine bright!
Well written, indeed!
Congrats!
I'm looking forward to seeing you in Intermediate. :)
05/16/10
Excellent job, very creative yet realistic. This is a winning piece that most definitely deserved to be. Congrats and keep writing!
You really packed a lot of story in to these few words! Action, suspense, a great setting, and a super plot and characters. Wonderful job, Joanna!