The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1457 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/14/10
Enjoyed this story and the cabbie who dropped the 'h' on how. Brilliant and quirky use of Ow! Thanks - Colin
I loved it! i was smiling the whole time I read it.
Shann
01/14/10
Now this is the "quirky" kind of story that they were probably expecting (according to the message boards) when they chose the topic "ow!" Very funny and creative! I absolutely adore British accents, so the British cabby is a fun character for me to read about. :) Hilarious dialogue!
01/15/10
Very well done! So cute. Wish I'd thought of it. :0)
Great article! This cracked me up! Very creative take on "Ow!" Loved it!!
01/15/10
Lovely humour. Nice to read something so lighthearted on a "painful" topic.
01/15/10
Ha! Great humor! I never would have thought to write something like this for OW! I enjoyed this much.
A beautiful, dramatic prose or piece of writing. You strike me as a very good writer with bright prospects. Excellent plot, excellent story and so well connected to the topic. I personally think this is one of the best articles I have read in this level. And it doesn't quite sound Level 1. Keep it up!
01/18/10
Thank you to all of you for the wonderful comments! I had fun with this one. The idea came rather quickly, and flowed pretty easily. That doesn't usually happen for me, so this was exciting! Thanks again! Blessings to all!
01/18/10
Having spent some time in Covent Garden a few years ago, I really loved this! And I loved your take on "ow" with the Cockney dialect. Clever writing!

I've started a class in the FaithWriters forums for Beginner and Intermediate writers. I'd love to see you there--look for "Jan's Writing Basics".

You're a rising star, I think!
01/19/10
Very good, Michelle, had me giggling.
01/20/10
Very good. Having been in England, I could just hear the cabby. Chuckled all the way through.
01/21/10
Very nicely done. A very unique take on the subject of "Ow!" Congratulations on a well deserved win , both on your level...and in the Editor's Choice!!!
01/21/10
I... am overwhelmed. Thank you, all, for the kind and gracious comments. I really don't know what to say about the award. Wow.
01/21/10
Congratulations on your 2nd place win! How awesome! Very creative and highly entertaining! Super job!
01/22/10

I think this was the best one I read so far in regards to the subject matter.

I am partial to British accents and characters so this was an enjoyable read. So well-written. I hardly can't say anything in way of a critique!
01/23/10
LOL!!! Kept me smiling the whole way through. Nicely done, and congrats on your placement!