The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 890 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A stirring piece.
03/13/09
Moving and touching account of what is happening in Uganda. How sad for the children!
03/14/09
A very persuasive call for prayer!
What a moving story! Well written.
03/14/09
You have done well at bringing out not only the many needs of Africa, but one of the vital solutions as well.
I thought that the first part of this piece was a bit disjointed: for example throwing in the mother Theresa quote was appropriate, but needed a little more context to fit into your story. To avoid this kind of trap, don't use single sentence paragraphs unless you really need to. (or you are writting speach).
That said the second part flowed much better, and in some way used the disjointed start to magnify the simplicity of the solution.
03/15/09
We must be more than thankful that we do not have the same life as the Ugandans, but continue to pray for that country and their children in particular. This was a compelling read but it did seem to jump around quite a bit.
03/26/09
Hi Lynn. Just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, "For the Children," actually did very well in the Africa Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 1, placing 9th in that Level. Competition in Level 1 is always very intense, so well done.

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24825

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Again, well done. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)