The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1426 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
An amazing account of the coming together of God's church.
12/14/07
I love the first paragraph, with the cats startled by the second coming!

Some POV switches in the main body of the story threw me off a bit, and some of the dialog seemed a little stilted. But I really could picture the scene, and it was encouraging to imagine such a reunion.
12/15/07
Good beginning! I like how you called all the mentors in your life, your "moms". :)
It was a little repetitive. Perhaps you could have concentrated on just one or maybe different personalities.
Very interesting essay!
12/18/07
I like the thought of being able to quickly i.d. people from our lives...even in the midst of SOOO many saints in heaven! That is such a fun, exciting idea.

It would have been nice to meet a few other people from her life, beyond those people she met at Sunday School, but the concept is a good one.
Very nice, the descriptions are well done. There were a few moments of awkwardness where it seems like she is not quite saying the words, because they seem to fit better as her thoughts. I did like the touch of calling her mentors 'mom's'. So sweet. Good job on this!
Congratulations on your win!
Congratulations on your win, Holly! I'm proud of you! You really shine for our Lord! God bless you and may He continue to use your writing to make a difference in people's lives. He works through your writing to give people a glimpse of His love. Keep loving and serving Him- He does great things in you.
Wow! I am amazed and excited!
Many thanks to those who read between the lines to see my heart. Other than its speculative form, this piece is completely autobiographical, and, of course, only scratches the surface of those individuals through whom God has touched my life. I thank God often that my parents at least were willing to drop us off at Sunday School, even if they only came for our programs.
12/21/07
Congratulations on your 2nd place. Great job with the topic.