The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 676 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/04/15
Well done! I expect to see this in the winning circle. Your drew me in immediately, and kept me there.

Keep the entries coming. I'll look forward to reading the next one.
12/04/15
Excellent, powerful, compelling and an entry that'll be remembered long after it's been read.

WEll done!

God bless~
12/04/15
Wow, wow, wow! This is excellent! I was totally brought into this very realistic story and I felt the emotions you so skillfully conveyed. Excellent work. I hope this does well
12/05/15
This story was packed with raw emotion. Although forgiveness is difficult, it is needed so hate won't form within the heart.

I can't wait to read more of your writing.
12/06/15
You tackled a tough one when you took on forgiveness. But, you did a great job. Well written, full of reality, believable, interesting and I could go on.

I hope the judges see this one the way I do. Blessings.
I love this. You pulled so much emotion out of me. You did a fantastic job of showing the conflict. I felt like I was right there watching it all unfold. You did a nice job of handling the POV shifts by separating them with stars. I think you had one tiny spot where you merged them together, but overall you did a nice job of showing the separation.

I noticed your opening line could be tweaked a bit.
The way it's written, it sounds like the truck or the line of cars has searching eyes. :) You could easily fix it with something like this: Flicking his eyes back and forth, Carter smiled when he spotted Dad's big, black truck in the pick-up line.

Overall, though, I think you did a splendid job. You showcased the topic throughout the entire story. The ending was particularly powerful. It's certainly not easy to pray for those who hurt us. I remember once, I mentioned someone who had really hurt me during prayer requests at church. My minister knew the situation well, and I think he almost fell over when I asked for prayers for her. It was one of the hardest things I did, but God blessed me. It fit perfectly with the sermon that week too. I just love it when God does those things. I've no doubt he'll use this story in ways you can't possibly imagine. This is one of my favorites this week.
I would not be surprised to find this in Editors' Choice. This is powerful, worthy of being in Masters level . . .
12/10/15
As I've said: "Excellent, powerful, compelling and an entry that'll be remembered long after it's been read..."

No surprise to see this here! So well deserved!!

Congratulations!!

God bless~
12/10/15
Congrats Ashley.
12/10/15
Ashley, Congratulations on your 1st place win in beginning. Thhis story was masterfully written and compelling to read. I sure many divorced couples can identify with the story. It leaves a leaving impression.
12/10/15
Ashley, Congratulations on your 1st place win in beginning. This story was masterfully written and compelling to read. I sure many divorced couples can identify with the story. It leaves a lasting impression.
12/15/15
Hi Ashley - I'm a day late and a dollar short (how's that for a cliche?) But congratulations. I'm so proud of you. The rest has already been said. Wow - and an EC as well!!!!
12/18/15
Congratulations on your first place ribbon.
You did a good job describing the many facets of divorce and delivered a perfect ending encouraging forgiveness based on our own state.
I'm late on leaving a comment also. Congrats on this accomplishment here as well as 9n the thread. It's a sweet piece. Effectively captured from different POV's too in so little space.