The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 467 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Good thoughts. Nice writing.
11/09/15
You can clearly see you put a heart deal of thought in writing this weeks topic. Thanks for sharing
This is delightful. I enjoyed your reflections and it made me stop and think. That's a wonderful accomplishment, and should be one of an author's goals.

My main suggestion would be to look at how your voice switched; by voice I mean first, second or third person. Most of it is in the first person singular. I like that. I feel like I'm just chillin' and listening to a good friend ramble. The beginning used the second person, which is tricky to pull off unless the article is a how-to (advice), sermon, or satire. Then in the middle you switched to we. You ended with second person again. This is more my personal choice, but I tend to shy away from articles that feel like a lecture. Not that yours did, but in spots it could lean in the direction. It's a little thing, and most important thing to do in any article is to be consistent.

You obviously nailed the topic. Normally, I'd suggest trying not to use the topic word as much, but it worked with your subtle sense of humor. By repeating it, you made your point stand out even more. I thought your pacing was perfect. It was fast, but, again, it was the right choice for this type of piece. All in all, I think you did a good job. You may want to tweak it a bit and submit it to FW daily devotions. If you add some Scripture and maybe a prayer, you'd have a great devotional. You may need to trim it since the word limit for devotions is only 300 words, but I truly enjoyed it, and I think the message is perfect for today's world.