The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 394 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/15/15
This powerful piece, to me, screams a cry for help, understanding, and a way out—freedom from oppression. It arouses a familial emotion common to those who haven't yet discovered 'complete' freedom in Christ. "My mind is not my own."

I'd love to see this piece continued to include a contrast between a before mind and an after. After: "a transformation by the renewing of our minds".

This entry would fit well as an example with many bible teacher's and theologian's writings on "The fortress of the mind" or "Battlefield of the mind."

Keep up the good work.

Wow what an intense piece. This evoked all kinds of emotions in me. I think we can all relate to that alien feeling. I felt like reaching into the page and wanted to just hug the MC and protect her. I think you did a fine job of nailing the topic and making the reader stop and think. Great job.
01/15/15
Wow- well written and I agree with Sheldon. Excellent writing, compelling with an authentic tone of wanting to "escape the darkness" and break into the peaceful "Light..."

God bless~
01/17/15
Great imagery. The MC seems to be combatting an obsessive compulsion to sin by thought. This is a common scheme of the devil to convince someone they belong to him instead of to Christ. In that torturous place, he paralyzes the soul from attempting to be an influence for Christ and the gospel. Have your MC get mad at the devil and conquer him with the Sword of the Spirit which is God's word.
This spoke very deeply to my own life. It perfectly conveys how we feel but are so often inadequate in articulating our feelings. Well done! Excellent writing!