The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 726 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/21/14
Your story touched my heart so deeply. When I lost my best friend five years ago, I missed our talks, our interactions, and most of all our connection as the best of friends. My eyes watered up and my heart went out to you for your physical and emotional pain.

How wonderful that we're able to reach out to Christ who will carry us through, no matter what, and will reconcile us unconditionally with His love and wisdom.

Thank your for sharing your heartfelt story, that ultimately nailed the topic in the interim, and solidified how quickly our time here on earth can done. I know that you realize that one day, we'll be reunited with our loved ones for all eternity, and so hold on to that as well.

God bless~
02/21/14
Your story touched my heart so deeply. When I lost my best friend five years ago, I missed our talks, our interactions, and most of all our connection as the best of friends. My eyes watered up and my heart went out to you for your physical and emotional pain.

How wonderful that we're able to reach out to Christ who will carry us through, no matter what, and will reconcile us unconditionally with His love and wisdom.

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt story, that ultimately nailed the topic in the interim, and solidified how quickly our time here on earth can be done.

I know that you realize that one day, we'll be reunited with our loved ones for all eternity, and so hold on to that as well.

God bless~
02/23/14
I think you have written a heartfelt devotional that speaks truths many people will be drawn to through identifying with your own personal experience.

It reads well, but I noted that you changed your mind about red ink.

This is only my humble opinion, but I thought it would read better if you'd started with the trauma, 'It seems like my whole life unravelled in one month,' and the three paragraphs following that. Just a bit of rearranging here and there, but as I said, it's only my opinion.

On the whole a great piece.
02/23/14
I like your comment about sinking sand and could relate to this, as I fell into sinking mud once, which was very unpleasant! I remember it also made me think about sin. Thank you for your excellent reminder that God should not be a last resort but that we should turn to Him first.
02/23/14
You've been through a bundle for sure, but I applaud your openness to God in spite of it all.
This is a powerful piece, poignant, heartbreaking and yet filled with faith in our Lord. Methinks the judges will appreciate it muchly . . .
02/24/14
It was very brave of you to share this story. May the Lord bless your transparency and use it for His glory.