The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 681 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Missy had knowledge: she didn't want to do something that wasn't God's will,But she did not have wisdom: whether to do it or not.

Billy showed knowledge as well as wisdom in most ways.

A nice story that illustrated that we must have both knowledge and then use wisdom to make decisions.

Check for the spelling of "genitor"

Your story also illustrates that life is lived from one decision to the next.
11/23/13
You wrote an interesting story that brought forward an important message, of "listening for God's voice, and seeking His wisdom in all things."

I enjoyed this story so much!
Nice job.

God bless~
This is a great example of learning how to listen to God. We all struggle with that sometimes.

You may want to put thoughts or prayers in italics to make it easier to know it's a silent prayer or a thought. You might want to consider using all the dialog to move the story along and show the reader your characters' emotions. For example:
At work, I approached Megan as I clasped my hands. "Megan, I know you get visions. Would you pray with me and let me know if you feel God guiding me?"

I held my breath as I waited for her response.

Next I approached Ruby. "What should I do?"

Waving her hands about, Ruby instructed me. "That might be above your level."

Oh Lord, I'm so confused, please guide me.

Now that's a condensed version, but I hope it shows you what I mean.

You did a nice job of writing on topic while still delivering an important message. I can really relate to the MC. You did a great job with this devotion. I'm sure it will touch many.

Congratulations on ranking 8th in your level! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.)