The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 527 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/18/13
Oh, I love the ending. Your last sentence is perfect.

My only suggestion would be to flesh this out a bit. Add some more details. I kind of felt like you reached the end too soon. Perhaps, you could have had the child asking his Grandpa questions while he was helping him make the pie, or something.

This is cute. Nice job.
Nice illustration of the meaning of the phrase.

Many times it is the grandma that does the baking so you shook things up a little in that area. Stereotyping is not always good.

We don't know if Timmy was there on a visit or if he lived there.It may not make a difference but if this was just a visit, Timmy could be anticipating a pie. This might have brought in more suspense.

I liked the story.
Great job, this is seems real! i hope this boy learnt a lesson...!

Job well done!
10/20/13
Your story is as sweet as a Cherry Pie. I could engage in the story and even detect the aroma of the pie. I agree that you could have added flesh to the story-although enough cheery pies and 'fate accompli'. LOL.
10/21/13
This was so enjoyable! I was wondering if in fact it was a "true account."

It was entertaining, and certainly on topic.

Thank you.

God bless~
This is a really sweet story. I enjoyed the curiosity of little Timmy and can totally relate to him.

One thing I would suggest is to go back and look at how many times you repeated words like cherry, love, mouth, and crust. One way to fix repeating the word love would be to do something like this: His mouth watered as he closed his eyes and pictured shoveling the warm treat into his mouth.
instead of this:
He loved to eat it while it was still warm.
Though my example isn't perfect, I hope it shows what I mean and gives the reader a mental picture.

I really did enjoy this. Kids have the hardest time resisting temptations. This was a great take on the topic. I also enjoyed the grandfather (remember if using as a name to capitalize Grandpa, but if it has a qualifier in front of it then it should be lowercase) He is a great disciplinarian, but still showed his love, just like God. That was a perfect way to end the story.
10/24/13
Simple, yet straight to the point....nice. But remember we have a 750 word limit to play with, so next time play a little more ;-)
Your story was lots of fun, and the ending was perfect!