The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 700 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/01/13
Wonderful story and a great example to follow.
Well told and delightful to read. Adding white space between paragraphs would male for an easier read. That can be done by previewing and making corrections before hitting submit. This story will appeal to a variety of age levels.
08/05/13
Good job with this entire piece. Nicely done.

Thank you.

God bless~
This is a delightful story. You made me smile as I read it. You did a nice job of introducing the conflict right away. Your MC is a delight. I was eager to read about him and his intriguing predicament.

The one thing I might suggest would be to try to avoid passive verbs like was and use verbs that paint a picture for the reader. For example this line: The Indians were coming! The field was no place for a gray fox like himself to be running around.can be turned into a more vivid picture: The ground vibrated as the Indians prepared for battle. Scanning the open field, the little fox's heart pounded as he realized the potential danger.
It's not perfect but I hope it shows you what I was trying to say.

With some tweaking, I could easily see this as a picture book or a take-home Sunday School paper. You have a knack for story telling. Many people have written about good examples this week, and I thought your charming fox story was a refreshing change of pace. Nicely done.