The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 907 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/07/13
This is my absolute favorite story since being a part of Faithwriters! I felt like I was a part of the family looking on at all that was taking place. Christmas is my favorite time of year and this type of story is the reason why. Thank you for such a beautiful story! Very well written.
03/07/13
This is my absolute favorite story since being a part of Faithwriters! I felt like I was a part of the family looking on at all that was taking place. Christmas is my favorite time of year and this type of story is the reason why. Thank you for such a beautiful story! Very well written.
Such a tender story. Brought tears to my eyes. Spot on topic. Great lesson within. Good job. Keep writing.
03/09/13
This was such a touching story. It reminded me of my father in a lot of ways and the Christmas traditions we had in our family.

This writing was a gift to all of us who read it.

I really love this piece. I think it is a bit of brilliant writing. It reminded me of our first Christmas without Mom (oh, remember to capitalize Mom when being used as a name) That first Christmas was bittersweet. Though Mom died unexpectedly in August, she had purchased a gift for everyone. I think she knew something was wrong,and it was so special. I'm not sure if this is a true story, but even if it's not, it will be a treasure for many generations. You did a fantastic job.
Heart grabbing. You won't be a beginner for long. You have the true gift of sharing lives - storytelling at its finest. Thank you for this . . .
03/14/13
What a tender story. I enjoyed it very much.

The letter left for the son with truths spoken for life, with the tie being used as a reminder for them, very touching.
03/14/13
Oops! Sorry about the double comment before! Congratulations on 2nd Place! Wonderful story!
03/14/13
Congrats! God Bless~
I knew this was a winner the first time I read it. Congratulations on your 2nd place! Great job.
Congratulations on ranking 25 overall!