The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 914 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/13
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!
This was too funny and it's a story that many women and men will relate to. But of course not the "mannerly men" LOL. Loved it.

God Bless~
This is great! And it makes me count my blessings that I am married to a mannerly man.

Now, if I can just get him to work on that burping in public thing.
Loved it! Made me laugh! :o)
02/03/13
I really enjoyed this. It leaves me smiling, reminding me of how thankful that my husband and teenage son do not live under this curse.
I can remember when I was younger having a similar conversation with my brother regarding the 'neutral' position of the seat - who unfortunately does live under it. haha
I think this is a bit of brilliant writing. I was mesmerized by the opening paragraph and found myself chuckling all the way to the end.

The only advice I might suggest would be to start with the second line with the blood curdling scream and then have the opening paragraph below that as I think that would be a bigger attention grabber.

Either way, however, it really doesn't matter because you did such a great job of developing the characters and allowing the readers to relate to each one. I'm sure there are men jeering and women cheering all over the world as they read this story. Nice job and a great take on the topic.
Congratulations for placing second in level three and 17 overall!
Funny story. Great job! Congratulations!
02/11/13
Congratulations! I loved this story. God Bless~