The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 743 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed this story and hope you continue to write such works!
A good piece. No matter what happens, be yourself , live your life and respect the rights and opinions of others.
This is great. The first paragraph immediately took me back to my childhood. Our house had caught on fire and my sister dragged me across the road to my aunt's house flung open the door and went screaming about the place for help. Though my house was on fire the only thing I could think was I can't believe Jaci went into Aunt Rosie's house without knocking! Silly now but it stuck into my head. I'm not as strict about the rules as you and I do agree with your final conclusion. You did a nice job sharing your pet peeve while still delivering a good message. I enjoyed it!
11/20/12
This story is compelling...I enjoyed it. My family is a type of family that don't knock on each others door when coming to visit, unless it's late at night. I would not do that to one of my friends, unless I was completely comfortable, and the feeling was mutual.

People should have the right to their own standard in matters like this, and yours should be respected. God bless you and thanks for sharing this well written, thought provoking story...
11/20/12
Good article. You did a nice job explaining about your pet peeve and then the realization that not everybody thinks that way. For myself, no need to knock, the dogs have already announced your arrival long ago.