The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 895 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Good job I enjoyed reading this and being reminded of what is important in life!
08/03/12
I liked your story insofar as how you view life and the stages of it; however, I must say that I did not get the connection with the topic for the week. That perhaps is my fault. Your story flows very smoothly and covers the different stages of lives very nicely.
08/05/12
An excellent message and a very ingenious use of the topic. I liked your approach to "savor life" as it were, and taste it fully. Nicely done, very captivating...and well written.

Thank you for this clever and different piece. Good job.

God bless~
I have to laugh at myself after reading this. I don't know why I'm still surprised when God puts the perfect message in front og me at the perfect time. I was upset with myself that I hadn't read level one stories yet. I usually do them right after I read my level. But this week God had other plans. I've spent the last few days in tears worrying about how we would afford my daughter's college tuition. Your story reminded me not to waste time making myself sick with worry.

The criterion I think might score the lowest with the judges rating would be topic. Though you do mention it somewhat, the heart of the article isn't about savory.

But with that said, it's far more important to follow God's leading then it is to score a perfect five with the judges. Your story will make my day easier as I try to work with her college to come up with the money needed. For that, I'm so grateful. This is a well-written piece. You grabbed my attention in the beginning and held it all the way to the end.
Congratulations for ranking 8th in your level!