The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 754 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Good story. If only all parents could be so wise. Only one issue, there could be more showing versus telling. A memory of that moment a young Lucas was inspired to become a vet, working in with his showing cattle at the shows. Weak example but hopefully you get the idea.
I enjoyed reading this. Keep going.
03/02/12
As a mother and grandmother, I so relate to your characters.

Your story gave me courage to face the time when they will each take their place (maybe far away) to wherever the Lord leads them...

Thanks, I really needed to read this..Be Blessed.
How many times do we in our lives have to make decisions that may or may not effect us. I enjoyed your article.
This is a good story. I could relate to the mom way too well. My youngest will be heading off to college in the Fall. At one time I pictured all of my kids close by but as it turns out I think the closest one will be over an hour away. My dreams were for her to live next door. But I want them to be happy. You did a nice job on the topic. Try to work on showing instead of telling. Instead of saying Sylvie's heart was heavy, close your eyes and picture what she would look like. Perhaps a sigh frown would tug at her lips, her eyebrows furrowed in indecision, and she might sigh or wipe a stray tear.

I liked your characters and the message is one I'm dealing with far roo quickly so it is great to have reminders.