The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1555 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/24/11
Interesting testimonial skit! I couldn’t figure out if Bob was supposed to be a Christian, he was certainly gruff and rude and sort of mean spirited if he was! I found myself not likeing him very much! LOL But enjoyed the read and how it showed the power of God's love to mend.
09/24/11
Very interesting dialogue that covers all the bases, and I liked the touch of vernacular speech as you set the topic so well.
A couple of misspellings: "one-a-doze" implies sleep - even though it's more phonetically accurate than "one-a-dose," (where most of us would harden the "s" sound and thus imply a pharmaceutical meaning!!) "you're gym bag" should be "your gym bag." Sorry to be pedantic, because - tooooo late - I've noticed a typo in my own entry for this week.
Yours humbly, Noel
09/25/11
I am impressed. In such a short span of time, and so few words, you got me to know and like your characters. I felt like I was sitting next to Martha crocheting my own garment, or perhaps I was reading because I don't really know how to crochet, but I wasn't really reading because I was listening to the entire conversation.