The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 821 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/04/10
My heart goes out to you. Some of the childhood experiences just never seem to totally leave us. my brother used to hide and scare me, and I have never overcome the fear of being alone, especially at night. I have no ill will towards my brother, because he was only being an older brother and had no realization of how traumatic it was to me. Good job of explaining your fear and acceptance.
Very moving piece. Dealing with the past can bring out so many healing phases. Thank you for tackling such a painful subject.

As I read this, I could not help but think how much you've obviously grown from these past hurts to be able to share them and how much you can now help others who have walked in similar shoes. Kudos for sharing!
What a brave girl you were. This was a touching story that makes me want to hold my kids and give them a kiss. Good job.
You are welcomed with our love into a big family of faith here, where God's doors are wide open. Keep writing!
02/07/10
Very well done. I can't believe parents put children in closets. I have a hard time with that. Praise God you are overcoming. This was an effective use of grrr.
Praying for God's best for you.
Thanks for sharing this traumatic time in your life. It's hard to imagine how a mom can be this thoughtless. Children are our most precious gifts! God bless you as you continue to let him heal this memory. You write well, by the way!
02/09/10
Very good narrative, writing from the perspective of a three-year-old. Thanks for letting us "crawl into" the mind of a much younger version of yourself.

Your postscript is very insightful. Praise God for the healing that He brings! I like the line, "I, for one, am not going to wait another day, to give out forgiveness and in return receive joy and peace."

Great job!
Hey Jean, congrats on placing 8th in Level 1 with your entry! You are among some great writers, so good job! If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Highest Rankings posted on the forums:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28720