The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1114 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/17/09
It takes a lot to get me to cry... you did it here. I felt your heart and heard your scream. So real. So true. Great piece of feelings.
09/19/09
I heard comments close to these from my husband, as our youngest is attending a university this fall. You've captured the thoughts perfectly. (I'm assuming this is your experience.) I hope Sierra comes home often. (our daughter popped in last night and surprised us). :) ... and you did know that (they say) "a son is a son till he takes a wife, but a daughter's a daughter the rest of her life." :) She'll be back! :)
09/24/09
I found this endearing slice of life most deserving of being highly commended. So refreshing to read a story like this from a father's perspective. Heartwarming, sensitive, emotional and--yes, I like this a lot. Congrats.
09/25/09
I loved the "daddy perspective" in this piece. I find it very touching when a man can express his true emotions so freely... truly a sign of strength. Congratulations on being Highly Commended.
09/27/09
Reminded of the scream that Steve Martin emitted into a pillow in the movie "Bringing Down the House" when he had to face the fact that his little girl was growing up. Good job reflecting the father's perspective.