Looking for the Fiction and Testimony Contest Guidelines? Scroll Down the Page.
Win a Xulon Best Seller Package with a retail value of over
FaithWriters will be awarding upgraded members three comprehensive Xulon publishing packages as prizes in our 2014 contests. Two individual
Platinum members will receive Xulon's Best Seller package. The
third award is inclusion in our second year Testimony book, which will go to 50 combined Gold and Platinum members who enter their personal testimony. Learn more about Joining FaithWriters so you can use all of our tools to improve as a Christian writer and be eligible to
enter these and all other writing contests we offer.
To learn more about the Xulon packages GO HERE to a special page set up for FaithWriters members, request their free publishing guide and then view their entire site including the Best Seller Package and all they have to offer.
If you are already a Platinum member of FaithWriters and have firmly decided on self-publishing your work over taking the traditional route (How to Publish), you are strongly encouraged to enter all of these
contests, as the Xulon prize package will be very beneficial to you. Gold members can enter the testimony contest. If you are not yet an upgraded
member, this is the perfect reason to upgrade your membership. Contest
guidelines are below.
READY TO PUBLISH NOW? SAVE POTENTIALLY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS over the cost of your FaithWriters membership! FaithWriters members receive DISCOUNTS of up to 10% off Xulons best advertised price. Platinum members receive a 10% discount. Gold receive a 5% discount. Current Gold and Platinum members should go HERE and request information on a Xulon Package. When you are contacted make sure to tell them you are an upgraded FaithWriters member and want the appropriate discount. If you are not a Gold or Platinum member you can Join or Upgrade Here. When you are done signing up for FaithWriters you can come back and contact Xulon by requesting information HERE.PURPOSE DRIVEN CONTESTS
1) CHRISTIAN FICTION entries with a sound biblical message (Platinum Members Only)
If you have completed or have an idea for a fiction manuscript with a sound underlying Biblical message, this contest is for you. Simply submit at least
the first chapter by November 30, 2014. One entry will be chosen, and the winner will receive:
1. Xulon's Best Seller Package
2. Free premium publicity and marketing of the completed book on all FaithWriters’ sites
Guidelines and terms for submissions:
1. Open only to Platinum members of FaithWriters.com. To remain eligible, you must be Platinum member at the time of submission, and remain so for at least
one year, as members agree to upon sign up.
2. Only one entry permitted per FaithWriters Platinum member. Join or Upgrade
3. Submit your manuscript as a Word document (Word.doc)
4. List your name, member number, email address, and phone number at the top of the first page.
5. Submit the first chapter only
6. Manuscript should be edited by you upon submission. Making your submission shine for the judges can help tremendously. A good idea for a book can become
a great idea if properly written and edited. Take the time and do it right. IF YOU ARE SELECTED AS THE WINNER: It will be your full responsibility to make
sure your finished work is thoroughly edited and to complete the entire manuscript, working with Xulon Press directly until the book is published.
7. Include a clear explanation of the message/teaching.
8. Submit a basic synopsis/outline of the
planned book with your entry. Include your target audience and why this book should be published.
9. Deadline November 30th, 2014. Winner will be announced as soon as the judges have come to a decision.
10. Submit ONLY to the specified email address using the link below.
11. Manuscript must not have been previously published in book form (print or e-book).
12. Must be the sole creation of the FaithWriters member.
13. Entry will be judged on the potential impact, the timeliness of the message, and the writer’s ability to catch and hold a reader's attention.
14. The author retains the full rights to their manuscript.
Before submitting make sure your name, member number, email address, and phone number are at the top of the first page.
Ready to submit your fiction entry?
Platinum Members Go Here to submit.
End Guidelines for Platinum Individual Contest
2) TESTIMONY CONTEST Second Year- for 50 Selected Gold and Platinum Members
If you have a great testimony and you were not published in our Trials and Triumphs book, this contest is for you. The submission deadline is August
15th, 2014. You must be a Gold or Platinum member to submit. Join or Upgrade
Our target audience
Unbelievers who may be struggling and seeking answers. Believers who are struggling and doubting their faith. People who may be tempted to walk away from
the faith due to circumstances. To seek the lost and encourage the found. To inspire and give hope to every reader.
Truth is one of the most important factors of this contest. The stories we are seeking must be real, about you. Testimonies should be written about your
experience and from your heart. The book will be divided into two sections. The first section, “Coming to Faith,” will contain initial faith testimonies
from members, relaying personal accounts of how they came to faith in Christ. In the second section, “Faith Under Fire,” we are looking for testimonials
from members who have faced or are facing extraordinary odds, yet maintain(ed) their faith in Christ.
We want honest stories that open the heart and speak to the spirit. Your desire should be to touch the soul of the reader and help them discover their need
for a relationship with Christ, while at the same time encouraging the believer who doubts because of their circumstances. The stories should be personal,
filled with emotion and drama. Create vivid images by using the five senses, “showing,” not “telling” your story. The more transparent and honest you can
be, the better, while keeping in mind that this is a book for everyone. Genuine, heart-wrenching disclosure is felt by the spirit of the reader. It changes
the atmosphere in a relationship. We want the reader to be able to relate on a deeper level. Do not let the fear of man (what will they think of me?) cover
up the truth. Tell the truth so all will know for a fact that salvation is not about our works. Show readers exactly why we need a savior. Tell them it is
all about Jesus.
Stories must be written in the first person (“I”, versus “he” or “him”) and have a beginning, middle, and ending. Your message should convey why you
initially came to Jesus, or why you still trust in Jesus despite your circumstances. Make us all feel more hopeful, more connected, more thankful, or more
passionate to have Jesus in our life, while encouraging new seekers to step out in faith. Let us see the peace that passes all understanding. The peace
that only Christ can offer in the middle of the storm.
The style or tone of your testimony can be exciting, dramatic, sad, or funny. Tell us why you still hold fast, in spite of difficult or overwhelming
trials. Make the reader cry, laugh, or get goose bumps. Don’t leave anything out, describing not only the details, but also how it made you feel.
The story should start with action designed to quickly capture the reader. It could start with a problem, issue or situation. Make sure that you introduce
the character(s). Include dialogue, and express your feelings and emotion through your trials. It should end in victory from your standpoint. Even if
things are not yet perfect in your circumstances, things are okay with your soul. Where would you go if not to Christ? This is all about the emotions and
feelings experienced. Again, relate to all five senses if possible. Above all, let it come from the HEART! Your story is important!
WHAT WE DO NOT WANT
a) A sermon, an essay.
b) A dry non-engaging story.
Our Strong Suggestion
Keep God first and pray as you write and consider these verses:
And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.
(Rev 12:11 ESV)
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. (Mark 16:15 ESV)
1. Only one entry per member
2. Personal testimony stories of how you came to faith in Jesus or why you keep the faith despite circumstances (Poems will be accepted for consideration).
3. Must be non-fiction
4. Must be submitted as a Word Document
5. At the top of your entry, note which section you are submitting to for consideration: “Coming to Faith” or “Faith Under Fire,” and include your name,
member ID number, email address and phone number.
6. Word count up to 1,200 words.
7. Submissions must be about you personally (no testimonies of third parties this year).
8. Your testimony on coming to Christ or keeping the faith despite circumstances should be written in first person.
9. You must include a title.
10. Entries should be essentially pre-edited by you to be easily readable and properly formatted. At this stage, it is not necessary to have a final edit
done. If your story is selected, you will be required to have a final edit done and FaithWriters will make available editing from fellow members at a very
reasonable cost. We must insist that you use one of these editors for your final edit to assure uniformity within the completed book. Cost per edit should range from $10 to $15 for a testimony.
11. Be sure to keep a copy of your testimony, as entries will not be returned.
12. Please submit only stories that have not been previously published in a publication with a large circulation. Items previously posted on FaithWriters,
your personal blog, or smaller venues are acceptable. However, you must still hold full rights to your story in regards
to publication. Articles where you have signed over your rights cannot be submitted. In that case, you would need to rewrite the article from a different
perspective or with a fresh slant.
If you submitted and were not accepted for the Trials and Triumphs book, we urge you to rework your story and resubmit.
13. If your entry is selected to be published by us, you will be paid a percentage of any royalties received from the sale of the book. This percentage is
projected to be based on 80% of the net proceeds FaithWriters receives, divided by the number of articles included in this book. FaithWriters will receive
all royalties and pay authors either semi-annually or annually, as we determine necessary. FaithWriters retains the right to adjust this formula for
calculating royalties if deemed necessary.
14. There will be testimonies from 50 FaithWriters members published in this book. That number could change, depending on the average length of
submissions, and if sponsors deem necessary.
15. Xulon Press will be publishing this book upon completion of the contest and selection of the winners. The finished book size will be roughly 5.5 X 8.5
16. Selected authors will be required to participate in a blogging campaign to help promote the book once it is published.
17. Deadline: August 15th, 2014 at 11 PM.
TERMS FOR SUBMISSION:
By submitting your testimony, you agree to the following:
I represent that I am a Gold or Platinum member at FaithWriters, this is my true personal testimony and I am the author of the material I am submitting. It is under my full control for submission to this
contest. I understand that I am giving FaithWriters and Xulon Press permission to publish my entry if selected. I agree that no other form of consent
will be required by me to publish this work in the resulting book. I also agree that FaithWriters and Xulon Press can use my entry if needed, to
promote the book in any way they deem necessary. This may be on either website or in any form of advertising and promotion.
Make sure these are directly on your word document before submitting: Note which section you are submitting to for consideration: “Coming to Faith” or “Faith Under Fire,” and include your name,
member ID number, email address and phone number.
Agreeing fully to the terms for submission, are you ready to submit to the testimony contest for Gold and Platinum members? Go
HERE and attach your word document to the email.