The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 191 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/10/23
Well done! Thanks sharing this experience that many of us go through in caring for loved ones by entrusting them to God and to others to give the care we cannot. So many emotions show through your story and especially love.
So beautiful!!
08/17/23
Your authentic description of your mom suggests to me that this is a true story.

Thank you for sharing your story with us, and how it can be an inner struggle placing a loved one in a safe facility.

Great job and powerful message.

God Bless~
08/17/23
Congrats on your placement!
Powerful story.
God Bless~
08/17/23
What a heartwarming and well written entry. That's love. I loved it.
08/17/23
Thank you for this beautiful portrait of a lovely woman. I especially like the looking back on memories. The love flowed off the page into my heart.
08/17/23
Beautiful rendition of what many of us are facing in caring for our parents. Blessings and continue the great work.
What a tender, well-written story of the power of love. She must have been a wonderful mother to have raised a daughter like you. My story is different because my Mother lived to be 96 and her mind was as clear then as when she was a young woman. She chose to live in a Christian nursing facility so she wouldn't be a burden on any of her 7 children but when I visited her, I was always stunned by the large number of patients who reached out to touch me in the lobby, Some had not seen any family members for many months, some for many years. They longed for a hug, for someone to say "I love you" or call them by name. Your mother was blessed by your love for her, so freely expressed. God keeps very copious notes and you can be sure He'll bless you in ways you never dreamed of for giving such love to your dear mother.
08/24/23
What a poignant story, so well told. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your well deserved first place.