The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1453 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I sit here with tears running down my face. As a grandparent who daily faces the circumstances in this article, I want you to know you have said it as perfectly as it could be said. Thank you. And if I could go back, would I? No, I don't think so. I am looking into the eyes of one of the most beautiful little boys I've ever seen, who has just thrown his little arms around my neck and touched my heart with his love. Why would I ever want to give that back? Thank you, thank you. Perfectly stated, catching all the raw emotion of what we 2nd generation "parents" do. Excuse me, please. I must now go dry my eyes.
12/15/06
Your last line summed it up well. I know there are numerous publications this needs to be seen in to encourage others. It has an anointed to upllift and encourage. God bless.
12/16/06
And there are those who would glady welcome this opportunity ... this choice.

Poignant and insightful. Top-notch quality writng.
Liked the "knothole of time" image - both past and future. This oozes compassion cloaked in availability...the most we can ever offer in response to God's great love for us.
12/19/06
This is beautifully written. My favorite sentence is the first one of the last paragraph--just so sensory and perfect. *sniff*
God bless the Grandparents who are Parents again. So well written, and so moving. My brother and sis in law have adopted and are now parents to their neglected granddaughter, and I've always admired them for their sacrifice when they should be enjoying being grandparents.