The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2022 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I'm wondering if this is written from personal experience? I am right there with you, my friend. I, too, have lost a child and reading this takes me back twenty years ago to my daughter's bedside. Bless you! May He refine you through the fire of your afflication and bring you forth full of no hope and unconditional faith in His love. Thanks for sharing something so personal.
Please excuse the typo in my comment above. Make certain that you delete the "no" in front of the word "hope". God is a God of hope!
03/01/05
May God continue to also hold you in His everlasting arms. What a testimony of your faith to be able to let go with peace. Your testimony will continue to bless others. Thank you.
lETTING GO IS THE HARDEST THING. BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN AND TOUCHING TO THE COLDEST HEART.
03/03/05
Good grief. Reading this was like getting kicked in the stomach. It grabbed me by the throat and didn't let go till near the end. For some reason that I can't place yet, it seemed to lose some strength near the very end...re-reading it gives me no answer as to why, so I can offer no suggestions. Logically, it seems perfectly executed...but still.

In any case, this one is masterfully done. I suppose I'm a bit biased since I am the father of a youngster, and have contemplated just such a scenario before, wondering how I would ever handle it. Also reminds me of that Mark Schulz song "He's My Son."

Thanks for posting this. Its strength is undeniable.
Top of the line writing!
03/03/05
To my readers...FYI, this is a work of fiction--didn't want to mislead anyone. I felt bad that some people thought it was true. I used the Challenge as a challenge for me to do something different; to stretch my writing abilities with a very dramatic piece.
Blessings all-
Joanne
Ohhh. This was so painful and beautiful at the same time. I had a hard time reading to the end. A very well told story. I felt the pain and the release. And I loved the conclusion. Great job.
03/07/05
I am speechless and in tears. This is a gut-wrenching piece that is superbly written and very much deserving of its first place win.
Brilliant!
Love, Lynda
03/08/05
I can see why this won first place - well done Jo - it was so believable.