The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1864 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a lovely story, sensitively told.
I really enjoyed this. You portrayed her loneliness so well. I hope only her compulsion to write comes from personal experience. :)
10/27/05
Well written. What an awful thing this lonliness. But thank God, the lover of our souls never leaves us. Good story.
This was so beautifully poignant and such a lovely reminder that God can meet all our needs - even our needs for love and companionship - no especially those needs. You have captured her longing and loneliness well. And I could vividly picture the scene outside her window. Well done.
10/27/05
You painted a vivid and realisitc picture of the woman's life reflection and soul struggle. Her conclusion - and the message - to put God first, even before our desires, came through loud and clear. Well done!
Blessings, Lynda
10/27/05
Karen, this is absolutely beautiful! Her conversation with God is SO realistic to me. You've done a really great job on this piece! Congrats, dearie.
10/27/05
This is so well done! I'm sorry I didn't get to it sooner! Great job expressing her emotions!
10/27/05
Absolutely perfect. Her conversation with God translates well to any other kind of questioning, not just that of singleness. Thanks so much!
I agree with what's been said, but it's sad... though I know at times what we create can feel as much a part of us as a child.
I'd love the kind of certainty she comes to.
I enjoy your writing.
10/28/05
The 'Aching spirit' questions her loneliness, but comes to a resolution as she puts God first. Very well done.
10/28/05
What a powerful entry! We do need to be content where we are -and with who we are. God's timing is perfect.
11/01/05
Karen, a huge congratulations to you for your 5th place win in the Editors' Choice. It is wonderful to see you going from strength to strength. Love always, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
11/02/05
Wow. What feeling. This is an inspiration. A feeling similar, yet entirely different to the one I often feel.
Eh, that doesn't make sense.
Congrats. It deserves it's title in the Editors choice, girl.
Keep inpiring us with your beauty!
11/03/05
Karen, this is beautiful. You know full well I can identify very strongly with it. You've integrated the theme (rain) just perfectly with the issue of singleness and childlessness, yet contentment. Well done! And congratulations on making it 'in the book'!