The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 922 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/16/11
Such a sad story, that is all too often the case in too many lives - realization of what is REALLY important in life coming too late. I assume John made it right with God by your line “His face reflected a peace he had not known in life” and in that the family was left with hope amid the heartache of loss on many levels. Copies of this story would be so good placed in the hands of those contemplating throwing their families aside for selfish reasons, it might make them think. Good job presenting such a heavy-hearted tale!
(Note: I would suggest para-breaks in your story, makes it so much easier to read, allows the reader pause between scenes!)
Who of us will die without one regret? Yet, for the Believer, we know our regrets, shortcomings, weakness, sins are all covered by the blood of Jesus. This piece is painful to read, but a great reminder that life is short and what we do today counts.
07/21/11
Hi,
That was a compelling and profound story. It was written I suspect with clarity of which you have experienced before. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed it. And God Bless you for all the years you put into your ministry...May God lead you unto new paths where you will continue to shine your light in His name. Nice job!
Blessings~
07/21/11
Wow, you've got some real talent for not having written before. Keep it up - I'm adding you to my favorites to follow. Oh, nice to find another born the same year as Israel.