The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1623 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/05/05
I think this makes into a longer testment. Thanks for leading us to the first outcome.
09/06/05
Interesting idea,I liked the way that several events led him to his conclusion, that was built up well. A small thing - I tripped over the phrase: "I could not concentrate anymore here in the office" I think 'here' made it feel present tense when the rest was not. I did enjoy taking the journey with him to the revelation of his 'sabbatical'. God so often brings things together like that.
09/07/05
This has a grabbing lead, and is overall well developed.

I agree about the "here" in your sentence. Just had to read over it twice.

Kind of makes me wonder what happened after the 'sabbatical'
09/10/05
Very nice, I like the Spirit's supernatural intervention, and the fact that your protagonist was open to hearing His voice.
09/21/05
Sandra, I'm only just getting around the Postcards semi-finalists now, but wanted to make sure that you knew you were on the list, and right up there in the running. This was a very good entry and rated well with the judges. So be encouraged. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Truly, well, realistic is the only word that seems to fit. So often pastors suffer burn-out; and, if they don't seek the Lord, often leave the ministry entirely. Such is the plight I see in this story.
Thankfully, this pastor has sought God's will and, as God has promised, it has been revealed.
Thanks for sharing this.

God bless,

Kevin