The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 935 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
SO true. I really like this one.:0)There is a time for praying and asking for forgiveness and guidance but then yes, we need to live His love and mercy, every day and share it with the world.:0)
02/09/10
I saw some of your comments on the boards and followed the link to this one. I love poetry so I thought I'd give it a read. I wasn't disappointed.

I really liked this line
"My greatest dream is to fix the world, Alleviating all the pain—But I have erred too many times! A broken fake can’t change the world…" especially that last line...

I did feel it should be a little longer, I think there was more that could of been said.

02/09/10
How easy it is for us to wish to fix all the world's problems when it's hard for us to even figure out our own! Jesus truly is the only One Who can heal our wounds and be the "balm that soothes hurting lives." A beautiful, truth-filled poem!
02/11/10
Nice poem, Ben. I also followed your link from the boards.

I especially liked your fourth stanza - it had a soothing rythym to it.

And I loved the ideas expressed - too many times we try to do God's job of fixing things instead of letting him be the salve.

Great job.