The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1364 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/17/09
This was very cute. I'm sure it will be one-of-a-kind. Very good story.
LOL! This was such fun. Fairy tale folk are so animated, even after retirement.
I kept thinking of the FW conference as I read. ;) Just the right voice for this "fairy tale". Great writing, and the descriptions of the characters kept me smiling and reading.
09/21/09
This was cute and entertaining. Your title snagged me and I'm glad it did.
09/22/09
Oh, I love this! I've written several "fractured fairy tales" myself--it's so fun to do!

The only thing I'd say is that it starts to get a tad bit choppy, with so many tales skewered. Maybe if you'd chosen only half of them or so, and used the extra words to add a bit of dialogue? That would help us get to know these familiar characters better in their middle years.

But that's minor--this is VERY clever, and I enjoyed it immensely!
09/22/09
I was a little worried when your first words were "Once upon a time," but they fit, and it worked perfectly. It was fun to be reminded of some of the more popular fairy tales. I think this easily could have been a longer short story. Too bad there's a word limit.
09/24/09
This was a very entertaining piece...I loved it! A very clever and creative idea!
~Cathy~
09/25/09
I would love to attend next year's FTARP...this was such fun.
09/26/09
Seema, how refreshing and entertaining your piece is. You grabbed my attention with the first paragraph. I have always loved fairy tales ever since my grandmother read many of them to me and gave me my first understanding of the creative mind.