The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1244 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/11/09
It is tiring to keep reading poems that just rhyme, but don't have the rich metaphors an images poetry really needs, and happily this was not such a piece. I thought it was particularly good for the first 4 verses, but the last two (unfortunately those in which the message of redemption was proclaimed) slipped away a bit from your running parallel to the sundown and hence the power of the gospel to reverse that trend wasn't brought out quite as powerfully as it might have been. Nevertheless it was a nice poem with a strong theme, so well done.
07/12/09
What a message in this well-written poem! I love everything about it.
Mona
07/18/09
Hi Margaret. You may already know this, but I just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, The Backslider, actually did very well in the Twilight Years Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 3, placing 6th in that Level, and also placing 22nd in the highest rankings overall. Well done.

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26236

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Hope to see you at the FaithWriters' Conference in August. It’s going to be an amazing time of inspiration, information and encouragement. (If I’ve already mentioned that to you, forgive me. We’re just so excited about letting members know about this great gathering.)
http://www.faithwriters.com/conference.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)