The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1221 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/20/09
Well-written a little off topic but a good story.
03/21/09
Intriguing speculative fiction--may it never come to pass!
03/22/09
A story that I'm afraid has its basis in reality. Makes me think I need to cherish my Bible more than I do! I enjoyed this story. It drew me in and kept my attention all the way through. I would have enjoyed more dialogue but that is a personal preference.
03/24/09
I loved this story. I could feel the passion, the pain and determination. I'm sure it has been lived many times by Godly people we don't know...but God does. What's more precious than God's word?
Thank you for writing it.
Mona
Beautifully written! Such a moving story. I loved the page that was given to the girl whose father was killed -- so fitting.
Thank you for reminding me to cherish the treasure of the Word of God.
03/24/09
Excellent writing. I found myself speculating what one page would have the 'best' stuff on it. I could only conclude that any single page would be a treasure beyond words.
03/24/09
What a moving reminder of how fortunate we are to be able to worship freely and have access to God's Word! Well done.
03/24/09
I mourned with the child, and stood with Mom, and applauded Dad in refusing to back down. The little old lady with the last treasure is brave, but through her actions I see "for me to live is Christ, to die is gain." and she shared it with the rest of the community.

03/24/09
Powerful writing. Knowing it is a true testimony adds to the force of it. You have done an excellent job of bringing this horrific situation to life through the eyes of a child who is maturing before her time. Both scenes were equally evocative. My only splash of red ink is that in the second half you slipped back into the past tense once or twice, but that is very minor. Very well done. I'm glad you got the inspiration to enter!
Awesome testimony. Makes me realize how lucky we are here in South Africa to still worship freely and have our bibles.
great read.
btw many thanks for your comments on my article. Much appreciated.
I really like this story. There's nothing like a good "page turner" that you can't wait to see what happens next- and this did it for me. Excellent job.
03/26/09
This was so very well written, a wonderful tribute to all who give up their lives for Jesus. We don't realize how blessed we are to live in this country.