The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 831 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/18/08
Very well-written, and a great title ("Grace" is my favorite aspect of God).

The only thing I'd consider changing is the "riiiing" and the next line. I'm not a big fan of onomatopoeia in prose, especially that which doesn't really sound like its object. Consider something like "Just as I'm about to swallow the first half dozen pills, the phone interrupts me..."

This is a beautifully-written story, with superb characterization.
09/19/08
I like the touch of humor infused in this serious topic "a phone call at the hour of my demise." This is good, "and saved me, too, from continuing to play the game of life – now I’m determined to live life, not play it…" I love the thought "when grace came in."
Beautiful! I like repetition of the phrases about her life (the glitz, the glamour...) And how her viewpoint changes from being enamored to being apalled--all because of grace. Lovely piece!
09/21/08
A very nice story with a wonderful message. Well done!
09/24/08
This is an extremely moving story. I was caught off guard by my tears and thick swallows at the end. So humbling to think the ways and people the Lord uses to get our attention.

1 Corinthians 1:27
"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."

I cannot say enough good things about this piece.
09/24/08
Great take on the topic, and very well done. I thought it read a little cliche, but it had a great point and storyline so it didn't take too much out of the piece. Excellent writing!