The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1587 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/01/08
Oh, just brilliant. I love the repeated assurance throughout with the changed terms of endearment. The scenarios you chose to highlight were heart movers for me. This is a fabulous, creative piece of rhyme.
05/06/08
I absolutely LOVED THIS. I also loved the changing nicknames, OH! and the last line! Too perfect! One of my favorite poems this week, in a week of MANY poems.
05/06/08
So far--my favorite. Excellent structure, all the poetic elements are here, and it's overflowing with charm. LOVE it.
05/07/08
Wonderfully written poetry! I enjoyed analyzing your structure and your message comes through perfectly.
All your last lines are exquiste. Don't know anything about poetry, but I do know what I like and I LIKE this. You touched me deeply with this heartfelt entry.
I have read many great poems here on Faith Writers, and I must say that this poem is one of my absolute all time favorites! In fact, I am adding it to my favorites list. Superb job with this one!
06/22/08
Jason, I'm going to feature this delightful poem in the Front Page Showcase for the week of August 4th. Look for it on the FW home page, and congratulations!
08/06/08
This is such a beautiful poem. I love your structure as well as the rhythm you chose. You brought the story and the message to life! I really enjoyed it :]
08/07/08
So touching, it made me tear up. The little girl's actions and words are so true to life and the ending just touched your heart. A joy to read.
I loved the poem! The theme was so appropriate and the poem flowed. Thanks for sharing it!
Oh, this is absolutely wonderful, Jason! Straight to the heart with masterful skill and touching tenderness! Congratulations on being showcased on the FW front page.
Just wonderful- especially Gazillionth! Congratulations, and wriitten by a man I'm assuming from the name, yet with exceptional insight to this particular child/ mother bond
08/11/08
It's great to see this on the frontpage! Congrats!