The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1782 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/06/05
This was awesome! Very original; definitely something FaithWriters hasn't seen before! I think I know who wrote this...
06/06/05
One of the best pieces of writing that I've seen here or anywhere. Your prose had almost poetic rhythm, and authenticity. Powerful, powerful stuff.
06/06/05
You certainly have the lingo down. It was a bit explicit though. Would like to have heard more about the change in his life. God bless.
06/06/05
You have an amazing talent that would probably make more of an impact where others like the character in your story could relate to.

But, everything about it was terrific!
06/06/05
Hmmm, now I HOPE you learned all of this slang from a website :) Cleverly written and enjoyably different.
Amazing in every way. This is one that will not soon be forgotten. Could be a rap song! :) Wish it was!
06/09/05
Dialect is really hard to do, and you are a master, thank you for this intriguing essay.
06/09/05
Impressive. Showed the lure of the world that Jesus can overcome -if we let Him.
06/10/05
What amazes me is that I know I am old enough to be your parent, and possibly your grandparent, but I understood way too much of that lingo! Shows the pervasiveness of argot/slang/and jarring jargon. You are most definitely an artist. No doubt about that.
06/11/05
I hardly understood a word BUT I think it is great. I love the way that two line focus on the resurrection keeps coming up all through it. Well done!
06/11/05
You boldly went where no FaithWriter has gone before and it was powerful! I wish some Christian teen magazine would publish it and shock some wanta be hood into seeing where the real source of power is found. Great!!!
06/11/05
Really engaged me. Had me wondering where it was going and satisfied me when it got there. Great work! Well done.
06/11/05
One word: Wow (sorry, I don't know the Cali Hood word for that LOL)
Kept me glued to the page til the very last word.
Awesome writing. I agree FW hasn't seen one like this. Way to step WAY outside the box to get your message across.
Blessings, Lynda
06/11/05
Good Rappin - Someone should pick this up and perform it on a youth night! Very effective!
Would love to see it! By the way GREAT job.
06/11/05
I didn't understand much and wish I did, but it did intrigue me. I could, however, appreciate your well-written article and respect your knowledge and courageousness of doing something very different. By doing so, you will reach high horizons! Great job. :)
You bring us old folks into the world of "bling" and "whack" in a fresh and understandable way. Very Effective pacing and explanations. Sets new teritory for FW! Great job!
Someone commented that this was too explicit. I have to disagree. It would've come across as trite and unrealistic if you didn't include what you wrote about. How did you pick up those words? Talk about extremes. The one before is about a husband/wife having thier first baby(ies). You couldn't go more opposite with this one. INcredibly written. Not many people could get away writing like this and it sounded "right" actually perfect. Amazing Maxx. What inspired you to write this one?