The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1676 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/05/05
Wow. Very creative approach.
09/07/05
Very powerful.
09/08/05
Very Good. In my opinion it should be a contender.
09/08/05
oops - sorry - posted too soon. I did want to note that maybe due to the length of your postcards they might not be viewed as such. But it was a Great entry anyway.
09/09/05
You did a superb job a showing the despair of your narrator. I wonder if the words spoken by God to him might be italicized, perhaps, so that your reader recognizes the shift in POV? Very good free verse poem; it's hard to write well, and you've succeeded.
09/09/05
Shifting genre hasn't lessened the impact of your writing at all!
09/09/05
Great word combination. Yes, a little different for you. Good work!
09/10/05
wow - makes me thankful for the hope I have in Jesus.
09/10/05
Very nice, dark poem. I enjoyed it alot. Well done.
Incredible! Your talent is obviously not restricted to prose! Loved the repetitive use of "I’m sending you postcards, letting you know where I am" - great impact.
09/10/05
A plunge into the hidden recesses of the tormented mind. "Just read the post card!" I want to shout. Frightfully good work!
I read somewhere on the boards that you said that you can't write poetry. You're a liar!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. The honesty, the openess of the narrator could tug at anyone who has past sins. (I'm slinking in the corner!) I love reading stuff like this because to me, it gives such hope. This is so powerful. I'll be printing thi sone off and reading it from time to time. Whenever I get into my 'I stink' modes. I wish I could write like this. I think this kind of stuff is needed in Christian circles where everything has a happy ending and no one has struggles or defeats. I think that's when the isolation and depression kicks in. We sin, we think we're alone and boom-we're gone. Awesome. I love it. I'll be showing this one to many people.