The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1095 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/12/07
Very nice writing. I think we all could use a "bump on the head" every once in a while.

I thought it was interesting how the woman wanted to sit at the back of the sanctuary so she could observe (and analyze) others.

Nice job with this topic! It does draw the reader to the "heart of worship."
10/12/07
I loved this story! The initially cranky narrator really comes to life, as do all the other characters--both those in her initial setting and those in her contrasting and intriguing dream(?) about being transplanted among African worshippers. (Am curious as to whether this is a dream, a supernatural vision, or perhaps even some miraculous, temporary travel of her spirit to that actual village overseas.)

Great message and portrayal of the main character's transformation of heart!
10/15/07
Very good story. Was confused there for a second but you tied things up nicely. You also used one of my favorite songs:) I agree with Kristi, we all need a bump on the head once in a while.
Laury
I love the way the charecter's heart is changed in this story. I can picture the baby at the end bouncing up and down. Good job!