The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1387 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/19/06
Even when we think that we don't want to go home, it usually is wonderful when we do. Nice article!
01/19/06
What a great, authentic voice! Well done, with humor and tenderness. I loved your nod at the end. Perfect. (p.s. Having driven in the Detroit area--I hate those U-turns.)
01/19/06
Lovely story! I was riding along with him in his head enjoying all the descriptions and his thoughts. I liked how he stepped into the snow and the porch sagged abit more...the touches you added to what could have been a bland statement were perfect.
This was truely a wonderful read. Characters had life. The story rang true. Endearing sentiment. Can I go next year? lol
01/21/06
You brought feelings to life for us to experience all over again. And a chuckle at how true they are! The special bond between your character and God at the end is endearing. And all that 'home' is, on all levels, is in your story. A wonderful read! :)
01/21/06
A nice slice of life (and change of heart :) - (gotta love that lake-effect snow LOL)
01/21/06
Great story ... and one we can all relate to! I would have liked a little more showing vs telling, but still the message came through loud and clear. Nice work!