The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1644 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a tender story. I liked the descriptions you used for the scenery as well as the hallway. Good job.
Beautiful story!
11/25/05
I knew where the story was headed but still teared up - good job on how it was told!
11/25/05
What a lovely story - touches the heart. And a great reminder that in whatever we do, it's one step at a time.
Beautifully told. Especially liked the reference to always winter but never Christmas and the picture it conveyed. Good job.
11/26/05
So far, this is one of my favorite stories. I loved how God works in mysterious ways to bring us the warmth of Christmas. Really nice work. God bless ya, littlelight
11/27/05
This one gave me chills. Having had a lot of foster kids in the child care program where I used to work, I could recognize Parker and the heartache. I always felt like I couldn't do enough -and some of the kids had asked me to adopt them, but of course I couldn't. Well done!
What a jewel of an entry! The 4th paragraph was so descriptive that I could see the orphanage in my mind. Excellent dialogue! How many people choose an occupation because of something in their background that creates the desire to help. How sad that there is an age limit to love for an adopted child. Good job!
I liked the reference to cold winter without the warmth of Christmas. I also really liked that you ended it with them spending Christmas together with the adoption still pending. Didn't make it seem like such a jump from just meeting to being family. Nice job.
This is my first comment, as I am a new member! What great, descriptive writing. May God continue to bless your gift!