The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1720 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/11/05
Hooray for this wonderful, heart-warming piece. I loved it!
04/12/05
I enjoy your story-telling style. It brings the characters alive.
A wonderful title for a wonderful article. His grace really is sufficient for us, no matter what the circumstance. Your format made the article easy to read and flowed nicely. I liked the dialogue between mother and child. You managed to capture the child's innocence and the tired but willing attitude of a mom who was up all night. I think you did a fine job. Nicely, nicely done.
04/15/05
Nicely done! I enjoyed the conversation back and forth between the daughter and mom. The description of God gripping her with his word was also well done. The beginning felt a little sluggish with details instead of letting the action move the reader into the story and the end I would let a little more confusion about the identity of the friend creep in with the daughtereventually spilling the beans. The flow,the message and the dialog all are very well done. Great job!
04/15/05
This is a well constructed story. I very much enjoyed the tangible examples you offered, implementing God's grace in such a realistic and identifiable situation. What a Friend We Have in Jesus set to the tempo of a busy and dedicated mother. I thoroughly enjoyed this literary weave - Well Done!!
04/17/05
Gorgeous. And bravo to you too for being obedient in the priority you place on your Christian walk.
Great job, Debbie -- congratulations on your award. I love the ending, perfectly resolving "I wonder if she heard a thing I said". Very realistic depiction of a mother's life, and her need for Jesus. What would we do without our best friend?
You know I loved it! Keep up the good work!

In His love, Cheri

04/24/05
This was very sweet Debbie. Oh for days like that every day! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to shut my office door and put on some praise and worship....