The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1342 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/30/06
I loved this story! The opening line, "Dust flew up my nostrils," grabbed me right away. Enjoyed the vivid descriptions, colorful dialogue, twangy Texas dialect, story line (mention of the hospital book cart brought back memories of when I did that in Oklahoma City), and moving message...this one had it all. Terrific job!
12/02/06
This was very colorful. Loved the dialect and the characters' attitude. Very enjoyable. Good job.
Very good. I enjoyed the dialect, the song and the heart of this piece.
12/04/06
Terrific job of getting across the "volunteer message"! :) I really enjoyed reading this, and it made me smile, too!
I can't believe I didn't comment the first time I read this. I loved it - loved the way he narrated - words like "conversated" and "learnt" added so much flavor. And the message was clear and to the point. Great job!
I just adored this tale, being from Texas an all... Loved your dialect and the way you got the message across. Blessings, Cheri
01/22/07
No wonder this took first place. What a joyful story to read! Wow, do you have talent: colorful characters, moving the story along through dialog with a "twang" and a spiritual life message to boot.

Just checking your site to sample what I've missed! Thank you for this :)