The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1341 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is the second Paul and Silas story I've read in the Intermediate level. Must be a popualr subject! You did a good job in writing this story. Although, I didn't feel the intensity of the situation or the joy after Paul and Silas were released. It seemed like the story was missing "something." But you have talent. keep writing!
03/16/06
I think it would have been best to stick with one person's POV--either the keeper of the prison, or Silas. This was a great approach to the topic--insight into familiar Bible stories is always welcome.
You wrote this pretty well, but to me, you kept a little too close to the original. I felt like I was just reading it from the Bible. For a retelling of a story, try approaching it from a different angle to make it fresh.
03/16/06
Also, you have a tendency to string two phrases or sentences together without punctuation. FOr example:
"The inner prison had no windows it was dark and dank at all times."
This would probably be better: "The inner prison had no windows. It was dark and dank at all times." Or you could use a comma/ semicolon.
That said, I enjoyed the story, especially the way you started it. Thank you and keep up the good work!