The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1649 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/10/05
Your lack of anonymity got past Debs! I can see and smell the flowers as you write. A lovely picture of home and childhood memories.
10/10/05
Yeah! I noticed that after. I've been out of this for a while! Is it written somewhere to remind people to keep it out? Sorry!! Missed it.
10/11/05
Sorry Donna - I missed a lot of the weekend entries this time around. It's because I'm judging so am not checking things until I actually read and rate them. So you slipped on by. Never mind - you aren't being penalized for it ... but don't do it again - grrrr (hee hee - ain't I tough!?)

Lovely to see you back in action! Love, Deb
10/11/05
Hee hee - and yes, to answer your question, the warning is right next to the submission area. In BIG red letters. LOL!
10/11/05
The last part reminds me of my sister and her husband. They dated in college and he was always commenting how great her perfume smelled. She didn't wear perfume. Come to find out, he was entranced by her deodorant!
I could feel that tropical Brazilian climate and smell the frangipanis. A lovely vignette of family life.
10/12/05
This was a delightful read! I love how you tied it all together at the end. Beautiful!
10/12/05
Haha! Kids are so hysterical at times! Good narrative tone. You might want to watch your opening sentence--it was a little overpacked and took me a second read. Thanks for sharing the neat personal history.
10/14/05
I like this article. It's amazing that a simple smell can transport us back to a simpler, happier time!
This was delightful. I too love fragipani and regret that we can't grow them where we live. You transported me back in time - thank you!
10/15/05
A delightful description of simpler times. Have two ancient frangipani's in my garden, both with 'buttery centers' - great description. Yeggy
10/15/05
Lovely - I can almost smell the frangipanis myself. But boys, eh?!
10/15/05
I like your story, though I have no idea what a frangipani is! Never heard of it. Sounds delightful. Enjoyed the homeschool mention, we did that. Nice writing!
Really sweet story! I'd love to see one of your 'frangi' flowers!