The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 786 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/18/05
Wonderful heart warming entry - well written and brought a tear to my eye.
You really did a great job with characterization. I found myself irritated with the story at first, and then realized that I was disliking this selfish woman! When I realized that, I read it with new eyes, because your characterzation was really working! And I really liked her husband. Great job (thanks to the Lord for changing our selfish hearts through His spirit) of having her repent in the end and value the treasures she had.
04/19/05
Ah, so often we compare our mates to somebody else - or our idea of what they should be. Thanks for reminding me to steer clear of this dangerous pastime. Romantic or not, we are called to love them. Nice entry, I enjoyed it.
04/21/05
Ditto to the remark above about being really irritated with the Sheree in the first part of the story. What a lovely piece. Well done!
04/21/05
P.S. I LOVE the title!
04/21/05
: ) lovely.
04/26/05
Hi Nola. I just wanted to take a moment to encourage you and let you know that Of Marigolds, Music and Love actually made it into the semi-finals for the Anniversary Challenge. Believe me, it was a very close competition and everyone who made it into the semi-finals deserves to be congratulated. So keep writing and entering the challenge. You are doing well. Oh ... and I loved the title too. It made me smile every time I saw it. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)