The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1392 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/18/06
And hope is always there. This held my attention and made me read it twice! Good job.
05/20/06
You are a good writer! This story is a creative illustration of the tasteless fruit gathered from the world's empty promises. You are obviously destined for higher levels at faithwriters! God bless your work!
05/20/06
p.s. I also relish your ability using words to make transitions. Example:

"...The perfect plan.

Only things aren’t so perfect anymore.... "

Good stuff. I look forward to reading more.
05/23/06
I liked this a lot--the narrator's voice was extremely well done. I think it went on just a few sentences too long...consider ending with "...vice versa?" Then let your readers figure out the appropriate ending.
This is told with such a stark honesty. I loved how your character revealed his life and choices as well as his struggles.
When you're prepared to dislike him you allowed the reader to see through his aperture and experience light.
Not that I'm and expert but if you could trim this just a smidgen by reworking the sentences with 'I' and cutting them down.
I loved this one. it was fantastic (are you sure you're a beginner! LOL). Great work creating a very realistic piece. I don't know what else to say. There were a few spelling mistakes and a few sentance that i had to read over, but over all you have done a great job and should be proud!