The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1365 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very, very nicely done. I read every word, with rapt attention. (Though spacing out the paragraphs would've been nice.)

You give the reader powerful imagery and a view into an angry, grieving, yet devout woman.

Beautiful.
05/13/06
Excellent. Best I've read yet in this section. Very visual images, powerful message, and I loved this line: 'The kingdom of heaven is a place that demands a mother's tears' How profound.
05/18/06
Very nice! I would suggest spacing the paragraphs to allow the reader to follow easier. Great job!
05/18/06
How did I miss this? (I thought I read every entry in this level, but this is a new read for me.) A first place on your first entry---Wow! Congratulations! You know how to tell a powerful story, and I shall have to add you to my "author tracker" section. This is just beautiful. Thank you for blessing us with your presence at Faithwriters!
05/18/06
Congratulations! Your first entry in the challenge wins! You've done great!
I just wanted to let you know that this was so inspiring and a beautiful depiction of how we feel at times of loss, but how that ray of light comes to make things better and to give us hope in these times. I have recently lost my grandmother, who raised me, who I was so close to, and this spoke to my heart in such a way that it is hard to fight back the tears. The last line is my plea to Jesus, since that is where she is right now. I pray the Lord bless you and keep you!
Dear Marita: How you touched my heart. It's been 46 years since my first-born son died, and my tears never cease when I recall the short time he was in my life. Like this mother, I am waiting to see him in heaven, even though my heart still pains now and again when I remember my loss. Thank you for capturing her feelings so well and for showing how gracious God is. Congratulations on your win.
12/05/09
A wonderful read, so true to reality, I loved it! How wonderful to know our God who will meet us even in our anger toward Him. A beautiful story, one I will remember. One I will draw on for strength in my own life-different situation, but essence of the message eternally hopeful. Thank you for being a vessel of healing.